The public can nominate toys for election by visiting the museum’s website.
ROCHESTER -Toy Hall of Fame at the Strong National Museum of Play has inducted the board game Clue, the Wiffle Ball and the paper airplane.
The winning classic toys won against other nominees that included the Magic 8 Ball, Matchbox Cars, My Little Pony, PEZ Candy Dispenser, play food, Risk, sand, Transformers and the card game Uno
As we approach Christmas, shoppers seeking to purchase the latest toys will face some tough decisions.
This year’s class of inductees may symbolize that simplicity is the best direction to head.
Officials said the paper airplane only requires a sheet of paper and imagination. The Wiffle Ball was created by a semi-pro baseball player so his children could play outdoors without breaking windows. Clue is one of the top-10 selling games of all time.
More from WNYNewsNow:
- WASHINGTON, D.C. (CNN) – The deaths of 22 more children from flu-related causes were reported Friday by the US Centers …Read More »
- JAMESTOWN – Love Elementary School recently invited families to watch its rendition of the “Opening Ceremony” part of a reading …Read More »
- BUTLER, PA. (WTAE, CNN) – The mother of a teenager who suffers from seizures is the first person to legally buy …Read More »
- MAYVILLE – For the first time in three years, the Mayville Ice Castle lit up the night Friday during the …Read More »
- JAMESTOWN – A former Persell Middle School student, who is awaiting a heart transplant, is making it his mission to …Read More »