Snow showers tomorrow and Thursday will be sporadic with accumulating snowfall Friday and into Saturday.
JAMESTOWN – A Lake Effect Snow Warning remains in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday for Chautauqua County, and could dump upward of 20 inches of snow in higher elevations, according to the National Weather Service.
The current snowfall will transition to lake effect snow by afternoon. Travel will be very difficult. Total snow accumulations of 10 to 15 are expected in the most persistent lake snows, with local amounts of up to 20 inches across the higher terrain of Chautauqua County, weather observers say.
Wind gusts should reach 40 miles per hour or more, causing drifts and limiting visibility, with near whiteout conditions at times.
More from WNYNewsNow:
- ELLICOTT – A city man is accused of stealing a motor vehicle from a business in the town, according to …Read More »
- JAMESTOWN – A quiet weather pattern is settling in this week, which means nice and dry days, but it will …Read More »
- BINGHAMTON NY – Hundreds of bedridden seniors living in homes in New York are without cable TV and internet service. …Read More »
- JAMESTOWN – The Jackals led from start to finish on Sunday, dropping the Dubois Dream, 119-97, and avenging a loss …Read More »
- MAYVILLE – A senior investigator with the Chautauqua County District Attorney’s Office has sought and received permission to collect his …Read More »