ORCHARD PARK – The Erie County Sheriff’s Office has important information for those attending the World Junior Hockey Championship between USA and Canada Friday afternoon at New Era Field, which will start at 3 P.M.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning at 11:00 A.M., before and after the game, Abbott Road will be closed to all vehicle traffic between the south entrance of Lot 2 ADA and the north entrance of Lot 6 ADA on game days.
- New Era Field parking lots open at Noon and close approximately 90-minutes after the game.
- Stadium gates open at 1:30 P.M.
- Immediately following the conclusion of the game, Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will be closed to westbound traffic and all vehicles must travel eastbound from Fieldhouse Drive to Route 219 (see attached graphic). This traffic pattern is for postgame traffic only.
- Absolutely no smoking, e-cigarettes, or tobacco use allowed inside the gates of the stadium. Anyone found smoking or using these products will be ejected from the stadium.
The Sheriff’s Office urges everyone to review the parking diagram to map their best route to arrive and leave the game.