Falconer Central School Fire Originated In Basement


Image by Matt Hummel/WNYNewsNow

FALCONER – Spontaneous combustion of mineral oil saturated cotton rags confined in a plastic garbage can was to blame for a small fire in the basement of Falconer Central School early Thursday morning according to the County Fire Investigation Team. 

The fire was quickly extinguished.  No fire damage to the building was observed according to the report.

Numerous agencies responded to the scene. The school had a two-hour delay Thursday per its website.



WNYNewsNow has a call in to Superintendent Steve Penhollow.

Copyright 2018 Western New York News Now. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*