Hot Metal Causes Conveyor Belt Fire



FALCONER- A mid-morning blaze at JRL Enterprises on Lyndon Blvd Thursday morning was reportedly caused by a conveyor belt catching fire from hot metal according to Falconer Volunteer Fire Chief Charlie Piazza.

Piazza said crews responded to a report of a water evacuation at the facility just before 10 AM. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered heavy smoke in the facility per Piazza.

Volunteers received assistance from the Gerry, Jamestown, Kennedy and Kiantone Fire Departments. Falconer also had assistance from the County’s Emergency Service Unit..



JRL has reportedly reopened as they clean up fire damages.

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNYNewsNow app now on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.