JAMESTOWN – Two brothers lost their mother Friday morning and, quite possibly, their home after a Friday evening fire at a house located at 24 Phillips St.
Jeffrey and John Cooper spoke exclusively to WNYNewsNow, as the Jamestown Fire Department continued to fight the blaze.
Jamestown Fire Lieutenant Tim Glenn told WNYNewsNow that the fire started on the first floor.
“The fire started on the first floor, extended to the second floor into the attic,” Glenn said. “There’s two apartments in the structure.”
Glenn said the Fire Department typically looks to see who was on scene at the time of a fire, and to see where the fire originated from.
“Our normal procedure is to talk to all the occupants who were here, where everyone was, and we got to look and see where the fire started,” Glenn said. “They’re just starting the investigation.”
Glenn said he was unaware of where a Pepsi bottle, which our crews noticed, came from. Strictly speaking from past experience, and not from this specific fire, one-pot meth labs often involve soda bottles.
“I have no idea where the bottle came from,” Glenn said. “It’s gonna be awhile before we can answer those questions. There’s nothing that can tell me something is suspicious; the investigators have not been inside yet.”