GERRY – A male sustained burns to a large portion of his body during a structure fire Monday morning at 3083 Old Chautauqua Rd., according to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office.
The male was able to drive himself to another residence before being Starflighted to ECMC for treatment, according to the report.
Investigation reportedly revealed that a heating appliance was too close to bedding materials, igniting the fire.
The male lived alone, and his name is being withheld pending the notification of family members.
The Sinclairville Fire Department, along with other mutual aid departments, responded to the fire.