SHERMAN – A clothing drive is now underway and $28,000 dollars has been raised so far to help a Sherman family who lost their son and home to fire on Wednesday.
Around 1:30 a.m. crews were dispatched to 157 W. Main Street for a house fire that claimed the life of one-year-old Watson Taylor.
Young Watson, his brother and sister, were trapped in an upstairs bedroom. Both his brother and sister escaped by jumping out of the second-floor window, however the baby did not.
His mother and twin brothers escaped without injury, while the siblings trapped upstairs suffered burns. They are now receiving treatment at regional medical centers.
At this point, deputies say the fire appears to have started following an electrical issue with the power feed to residence.
In addition to monetary donations to the GoFundMe page to help cover travel, medical or other immediate expenses, the Taylor family is also seeking clothing for their children.
From shoes to shirts, the community is asked to dig through their closets to help find clothing for two four-year-old twins, an eight-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl.
In addition, toiletries or similar hygiene items are welcome.
Donations will be accepted at the Sherman Volunteer Fire Department on Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A breakdown of the clothing specifics is posted below:
# 9/10, #2, #9 – #9.5, # 9.5 and #12
4T, 5T, 7/8 , XS/S juniors, 3xl shirts, 18/20 pants, 42/30 pants