WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories. In fact, our team considers it an important element of our platform and value freedom of speech. We invite everyone to comment on our content as part of our interactive community. However, we ask our viewers to remain civil and follow these guidelines:
- Do not resort to personal abuse. Viewers may disagree with the content of an article, with the reporter or with other readers’ comments, but do not attack anyone personally. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story could be deleted.
- Use a legal name and identity.
- Do not use foul language. And don’t try to camouflage profanity with asterisks or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Avoid hate speech. Racist rants or defamatory statements about any group will be deleted. Especially offensive violations of this guideline may result in an immediate ban from making future comments on our platform.
- Do not use threatening language.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind; repeat violators could be banned and would be unable to comment again.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
Our team reserves the right, using our good judgment, to delete posts that we consider violations of these guidelines. If a post is determined to have violated the guidelines listed above, it may be blocked. A blocked post may be displayed to the user who posted it and to that user’s social media contacts, but no other users will see it. Blocked posts can be unblocked if there is sufficient reason to do so.
Users who commit three serious violations of these guidelines will be blocked from submitting future comments as well, without warning. We reserve the right to block a commenter after a single violation if it is particularly offensive, or if the commenter is clearly using a fake identity.
Your comment will appear automatically unless it contains a word that is not allowed by our word filter. Thank you and enjoy expressing your opinions. To report a comment, please message us on the corresponding social media platform, or, email support@WNYNewsNow.com.