PANAMA – A barn on Panama Bear Lake Road was destroyed by fire Monday evening.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Fire Investigation team reports a recently operated tractor parked in direct contact with loose hay and hay bales sparked the fire.
Deputies said the barn was primarily used for hay storage.
The building and contents are deemed a total loss. Deputies said no injuries were reported.
Ashville, Busti, Clymer, Panama and Sherman Firefighters assisted at the scene. Chautauqua County EMS and Emergency Services also responded.
Leave a Reply