Local Dollar General Fire Blamed On Malfunctioning Cooler

Pixabay Stock Image

SINCLAIRVILLE – The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team says a fire at the Sinclairville Dollar General Store Thursday was likely caused by a malfunctioning cooler.

Investigators say crews were called to the store just before 8 a.m. Thursday morning after a set of four beverage coolers attached together caught fire.

Deputies say video surveillance footage revealed that one of the coolers had an electrical issue the night before causing the blaze.



Fortunately, deputies say the coolers were in an area or the store where the fire didn’t spread to anything else and burnt itself out.

The Dollar General suffered very little damage, but did suffer heavy smoke damage throughout the building.

 



Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNYNewsNow app now on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.


Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.