PORTLAND – Several area fire departments responded to an early morning blaze at a northern Chautauqua County trailer park Saturday after a propane tank exploded.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says the Portland, Brocton and Westfield Fire Departments were called to 7022 Webster Road Lot 18 just after 3:30 a.m.
Deputies say a propane tank explosion caused a fire to start on one side of the trailer.
At the time of the explosion there were four people and pets inside, which deputies say all had got out safely.
The fire was put out, with damage extending to one side of the residence.
Chautauqua County Fire Investigators are currently looking into why the tank exploded.
Leave a Reply