Electrical Issue Deemed Cause Of Fire That Destroyed Dunkirk Home

Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0

DUNKIRK – An electrical issue is blamed for a blaze that destroyed a northern Chautauqua County home early Saturday morning.

The City of Dunkirk Fire Department responded to a blaze on East Green Street just after 4:30 a.m.










The residence, crews say, was vacant and under construction at the time of the fire.

Following an investigation by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team, deputies determined the fire occurred within a bathroom wall due to an electrical issue.





Deputies say no injuries were reported and the structure was deemed a total loss.

 



















Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.