JAMESTOWN – Two people were taken to the hospital following a Tuesday afternoon fire in Jamestown.
The Jamestown Fire Department was called to 33 Myrtle St. for a basement fire around 12:15 p.m.
Jamestown Fire Chief Matthew Coon tells WNY News Now three people were able to get out of the house without injury, however, two older residents were taken to UPMC Chautauqua Hospital for evaluation.
The house has two apartments, an upper and lower. The chief says the flames were contained primarily to the basement however crews did need to vent the entire property due to the immense smoke.
The blaze, Coon says, is now under investigation.