JAMESTOWN (WENY) – Wegmans Pharmacy locations are now offering booster shots for the Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccines by appointment only.
The news comes a day after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention signed off on recommendations for the booster doses. Eligible Americans can get the Moderna booster six months after their second dose; J&J recipients can get the booster two months after their initial dose.
The following people are eligible for the booster:
- People 65 years and older
- Residents in long-term care settings
- People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions, based on their individual benefits and risks
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting, based on their individual benefits and risks
To make an appointment with Wegmans, click here. You can also call 1-800-207-6099 between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Leave a Reply