KIANTONE – A refrigerator is blamed for a fire that killed a pet during a Town of Kiantone blaze.
The Kiantone Fire Department, along with mutual aid, responded to 1758 High Street for a residential fire around 9:35 p.m. Tuesday night.
Following an investigation by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team, the fire is believed to have originated inside of a malfunctioning refrigerator and spread throughout the kitchen.
The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire; however, deputies say one domestic animal perished.
The Red Cross is now assisting those displaced by the blaze.
Leave a Reply