Candle Left Burning Unattended Deemed Cause Of Falconer Fire

App users, tap here to watch video report.

FALCONER – A candle left burning unattended is blamed for starting a fire that destroyed a Village of Falconer home late Thursday night.







The Falconer Fire Department, along with several mutual aid departments, responded to a structure fire at 102 North Work Street just before 10 p.m.

The Falconer Fire Department later requested the assistance of the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team to determine the fire’s origin.







Through investigation, deputies determined that a candle was left burning unattended on the second story porch resulting in the accidental fire.

There were no injuries reported as a result of the blaze, however, the home is likely a total loss.













 

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.