One Hurt In Jamestown Fire

App users, tap here to watch video report.

JAMESTOWN, NY (WNY News Now) – One person was injured during a residential fire in the City of Jamestown.

The Jamestown Fire Department responded to 216 West 7th Street around 8:30 p.m. Thursday for a apartment fire.

Crews found the second story of the house fully engulfed in flames.

At least one man suffered burns, according to Fire Battalion Chief Shawn Shilling, who said they were taken to UPMC Chautauqua Hospital.

The extent of his condition was unknown as of publication, however he was able to exit the apartment before crews arrived.

Several people were displaced as a result of the blaze. The American Red Cross was called to assist.

In addition, a number of cats were rescued.

Since the fire, investigators ruled the blaze accidental, saying sparks started from an electrical outlet in a second-floor bedroom.



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.