ASHVILLE, NY (WNY News Now) – An overloaded power strip is blamed for sparking a residential fire in southern Chautauqua County late Sunday night.
Around 10 p.m. the Ashville Fire Department, and several other departments for mutual aid, responded to a structure fire at 4926 Stoneledge Road, in Ashville.
After extinguishing the fire, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team was requested to the scene to determine the fire’s cause and origin.
Investigators found that the fire started due to an overloaded electrical power strip inside the residence.
No one was injured as a result of the fire.