Outdoor Cooker Used As A Heating Source Blamed For Celoron Shed Fire

App users, tap here to watch video report.

CELORON, NY (WNY News Now) – Firefighters quickly extinguished a residential shed fire in the Village of Celoron on Monday morning.

Around 8:30 a.m. the Celoron Fire Department was dispatched to the area of Dunham Avenue and West 10th Street for a reported structure fire.

When crews arrived on scene, they found smoke billowing from an exterior shed nearby.

Following an investigation, a resident was using a backyard grill to keep warm while working inside of a tool shed.

The fire burned too hot however, causing dense smoke which prompted 911 calls from nearby neighbors.

While it’s not illegal to use an outdoor cooker, the Celoron fire crews spent time educating the resident about the dangers of using a cooker in an indoor environment for heating.

No injuries were reported. The local code enforcement officer has since been contacted to inspect the shed to make sure there was no structural damage as a result of the fire.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.