Malfunctioning Air Fryer Sparks Jamestown House Fire


JAMESTOWN, NY (WNY News Now) — A malfunctioning air fryer is blamed for sparking a house fire on Jamestown’s northside.

Around 6:16 p.m. on Monday the Jamestown Fire Department was dispatched to 214 Stowe Street.

Video from WNY News Now viewer Eric Rhodes documented the extent of the blaze, with heavy flames and smoke engulfing the residence’s first floor.





Video also captured what appears to be ammunition exploding as a result of the intense heat from flames.

An investigation found that an air fryer caused an electrical outlet in the building’s kitchen to fail, sparking flames.

The homeowner discovered the fire and quickly called 911.





















While all human occupants of the home escaped without injury, one dog and other small pets perished.

The Red Cross has since been called to assist with living arrangements for the family.

 









Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.