App users, tap here to watch video report.
BUSTI, NY (WNY News Now) – Spontaneous combustion was the source that ignited a fire in the Town of Busti that injured a firefighter.
On Tuesday the Busti, Lakewood, Kiantone and Sugar Grove Fire Departments were dispatched to 3816 Cowing Road for a structure fire at the construction site of a new home being built.
A firefighter with the Lakewood Fire Department suffered a minor injury while working to quell flames.
The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation team has since determined the fire was a result of spontaneous combustion.
Specifically, deputies with the Sheriff’s Office say approximately 20 rags piled up are to blame.
Saturated with an oil-based stain on them, the rag ignited and the fire grew causing damage to the first and second-floor of the property.
Leave a Reply