HARTFIELD, NY (WNY News Now) – A propane leak is blamed for sparking a Friday house fire that killed several family pets in Chautauqua County.
Around 10:45 a.m. Friday the Hartfield Fire Department, along with 10 other fire departments for mutual aid, responded to a structure fire call at 6060 Hartfield Centralia Road.
The Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation team says a propane leak within the residence is to balme.
The fumes came in contact with a nearby water heater burner, sparking flames.
While there were no human injuries reported, deputies said several family pets perished.
The home’s structure was also badly damaged as a result of the fire.
Leave a Reply