Unattended Oil Leads to Kitchen Fire Incident

Image by Alyssa Wright / WNY News Now.

Busti, NY (WNY News Now) – Unattended oil is to blame for a kitchen fire in the Town of Busti over the weekend.

At approximately 11:46 am on July 29, 2023, a kitchen fire broke out at a residence on Pine Ridge Rd in the Town of Busti. Upon receiving the report, the Busti Fire Department and mutual aid units promptly responded to the scene and successfully extinguished the fire.

The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team was called in to assist in determining the cause and origin of the blaze. After thorough investigation, it was revealed that the fire had originated on top of an electric kitchen stove due to overheated and unattended cooking oil.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported in connection with the incident, and the damage was contained to the kitchen area.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.