Restaurant Fire Ruled Accidental

Stock Image

WESTFIELD — A Wednesday afternoon fire at a local restaurant has been ruled accidental.

The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation team says a grease fire at KISS BBQ restaurant, 745 Rt. 20, started in the exhaust duct work and spread to combustibles in the attic.

Deputies said the restaurant had been closed for renovations but planning to re-open July 2.





The Westfield Fire Department and several area fire departments responded to the scene just before 12:30 p.m.

There were no injuries reported during the fire.

 





















Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.