App users, tap here to watch video report.
MAYVILLE – Details of this year’s highway and bridge work projects in Chautauqua County have been announced.
The Department of Public Facilities says the work, which will get underway this spring, will utilize a mix of county workers, contracted labor and shared services.
The projects range from bridge, culvert replacements and rehabilitation, drainage projects, general maintenance, surface treating projects and paving.
Officials say funding comes from a variety of sources including the State’s Consolidated Highway Improvement Program, PAVE-NY, the Federal government and Chautauqua County.
County crews have already started working on winter clean up, ditching and patching potholes. Motorists are reminded to be aware of construction crews working on the highways.
Officials say look for signs, work zone flaggers and obey the work zone speed limits.
Here’s a full list of the DPF’s Project List for the year:
- Rehabilitating County Bridge 259 on County Touring Route 77 in the Village of Sinclairville;
- Rehabilitating County Bridge 1065 on 28th Creek in the Town of Ellington;
- Rehabilitating County Bridge 314 on County Touring Route 53 in the Town of Carroll;
- Replacing County Bridge 151 on County Touring Route 45 in the Town of Busti;
- Replacing County Bridge 429 on County Touring Route 54 in the Town of Chautauqua;
- Replacing County Bridge 906 on 28TH Creek Road in the Town of Ellington;
- Replacing County Bridge 426 on County Touring Route 12 in the Town of Harmony;
- Rehabilitating of County Bridge 968 on County Touring Route 24 in the Town of Westfield;
- Replacing County Bridge 879 on County Touring Route 4 in the Town of Sherman;
- Rehabilitating of County Bride 818 on County Touring Route 34 in the Town of Carroll;
- Rehabilitating County Bridge 875 on South Phetteplace in the Village of Falconer;
- Replacing County Bridge 355 on County Route 67 in the Town of Ellington;
- Painting 3 county bridges throughout the county;
- Paving on Clymer-Sherman Road (County Route 15) from NY 474 to NY 76 in the Town of Clymer and Sherman;
- Paving on County Route 380 from Ellicott Road to US 20 in the Town of Portland/Village of Brocton;
- Cold milling and paving on Centralia-Hartfield Road (County Route 54) from Stockton-Hartfield Road to Meadows Road in the Town of Chautauqua;
- Paving on Sherman-Westfield Road (County Route 21) from Volusia to Jones Road in the Town of Westfield;
- Cold milling and paving on South Roberts Road Urban Road to railroad tracks in the City of Dunkirk;
- Cold milling and paving on South Work Street Village Limits to Main Street in the Village of Falconer;
- Joint project with the City of Jamestown for the reconstruction of Barrett Avenue from Prather Avenue to Washington Street Bridge Ramp in the City of Jamestown;
- Cold milling and paving on Pickard Hill Road (County Route 52) from Jones Corners to Red Bird Corners in the Town of Ellery;
- Paving on Martin Road from the City Limits to NY 60 in the City of Jamestown;
- Paving on Fredonia-Stockton Road (County Route 73) from County Route 380 to Village of Fredonia Towns of Stockton and Pomfret.
Leave a Reply