ORCHARD PARK – The Buffalo Bills fell to the Pittsburgh Steelers 23-16 in their home opening game on Sunday in Orchard Park.
Here are a list of the notable game notes from today’s game:
- The Bills lost their first season opener since 2018 (at Baltimore)
- Tyler Bass connected on three field goals and now has made 17 consecutive field goal attempts. It’s tied for the third-longest streak in team history (Stephen Hauschka)
- Gabriel Davis caught the first touchdown of 2021 – 8th of his career
- Josh Allen threw his 68th career touchdown pass in the second quarter – to Gabriel Davis
- Mario Addison became the first Bills player with a sack in consecutive season openers since Bryan Scott in 2010-11.
- Jordan Poyer produced his 10th career sack
- Stefon Diggs has six-plus receptions in 14 consecutive games – the 3rd NFL players to achieve the feat (Antonio Brown – 14 games in 2014-15 and Marvin Harrison – 16 games in 2002-03)
The Buffalo Bills go on to face the Miami Dalphins at Hard Rock Stadium next Sunday at 1 p.m.