Malfunctioning Pool Heater Blamed For Early Morning Lakewood Fire

Chris Hsia / CC BY-SA 2.0

LAKEWOOD – A malfunctioning pool heater is blamed for an early morning fire in Lakewood.

The Lakewood Fire Department responded to 2113 Big Tree Road in Lakewood around 5:30 a.m. Thursday for a reported structure fire.







Following a probe by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team, deputies determined the fire started after a pool heater malfunctioned causing extreme heat, which subsequently led to the ignition.

The pool shed and its contents were completely destroyed by the fire.







No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze.

 













Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.