Dewittville Blaze Caused By Discarded Cigarette 

App users, tap here to watch video report.

DEWITTVILLE – A poorly discarded cigarette is blamed for starting a Dewittville house fire on Tuesday.







At around 2:30 p.m. crews were called to 5989 Stockton Hartfield Road. When they arrived on scene, the home was fully engulfed in flames. 

After fighting the blaze for around an hour, firefighters knocked down the flames.







Fire investigators determined an improperly discarded cigarette, which came into contact with combustible materials on the back porch, ignited the inferno. 

“At about 2:30 there were reports of a structure fire,” explained Mack Rosage, Hartfield’s Fire Chief. “When we got here it was fully engulfed.”













“We were set up quickly from reports, and it took about an hour to knock the blaze down,” stated Rosage.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

 

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.