Town Of Gerry Home Destroyed By Fire

App users, tap here to watch video report.

GERRY – A Town of Gerry home was destroyed by fire over the weekend.







The Gerry Volunteer Fire Department were called to a residential fire on Damon Hill Road around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

While all of the human occupants of the home made it out okay, Gerry firefighters, along with several other area departments providing mutual aid, rescued three cats and two lizards from inside.







The cats were given oxygen on scene via special pet masks. They were eventually released to the family.

The Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team reports the blaze originated in a dryer vent.













The house is likely a total loss. The American Red Cross responded to assist the family.

 

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.