JAMESTOWN – Investigators have determined what started a fire that ravage a Jamestown home this week.
The Jamestown Fire Department was called to the corner of Washington and West 7th Streets for a reported structure fire with entrapment just after 7 a.m. on Tuesday.
When first responders arrived on scene, they spotted heavy smoke and flames coming from the multi-family home.
Fire investigators say combustible items were stored too close to a heating source in the lower apartment, sparking the blaze.
Crews worked for hours to knock down the flames that were embedded in the walls of the home.
Luckily, no injuries were reported, thanks in part to a City of Jamestown Department of Public Works employee who is credited with saving two residents living in the upstairs apartment.