Faulty Power Strip Deemed Cause Of Gerry Residential Fire

App users, tap here to watch video report.

GERRY, NY (WNY News Now) – A residential fire in the Town of Gerry was likely sparked by a faulty power strip.

The Gerry and Sinclairville Fire Departments responded to 2200 Old Chautauqua Road around 11 a.m. on Sunday.











After flames were extinguished, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation team was called to the scene.

Investigators determined that a power strip became damaged and faulted. This caused the wire and surrounding debris to combust.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.







 

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNY News Now mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

 

Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

WNY News Now encourages an open exchange of opinions and ideas on our stories, however, we ask everyone to follow our comment policy.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.