App users, tap here to watch video report.
DUNKIRK, NY (WNY News Now) – A overheated battery is blamed for sparking a warehouse fire in Dunkirk.
On Monday evening the East Dunkirk Fire Department responded to Bargain Monkey Liquidation Outlet on Bennett Road for a reported structure fire.
After the fire was extinguished, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation team was requested to determine a cause and origin of flames.
Following an investigation, it was determined that the fire was caused by an overheated lithium-ion battery.
As of now, the fire has been ruled accidental in nature.
Leave a Reply