MAYVILLE – Chautauqua County Health Officials painted a picture of how fast the COVID-19 virus can spread in a release distributed Thursday.
The following is the scenario, verbatim, that officials released:
You really wanted to go so…
1. There were 12 people that you were in close contact with that became infected by the virus. They ranged from under the age of 20 to over the age of 70; there were more females than males. Of those 12 people (who all tested positive for COVID-19), 4 were asymptomatic; the other 8 people developed symptoms at varying periods after the party (between 3 and 14 days).
2. Those 12 people, prior to knowing they had COVID-19, passed the virus on to an additional 6 people ranging in age from under 20 to over 60; there were an equal number of females and males in this group. All 6 developed symptoms between 6 and 19 days from the date of the party.
3. Those 6 people, prior to knowing they had COVID-19, passed the virus on to an additional 3 people – one male and two females, ranging in age from under 20 to over 70, all symptomatic between 11 and 17 days from the date of the party.
No one meant to make others sick, but the coronavirus just spread to 21 people. You really shouldn’t have gone.
Officials ask those who are not feeling well to stay home. If people are feeling well, they’re urged to wear a face covering and practice social distancing (6 feet), etc.
[pdf-embedder url=”http://new.wnynewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/8-6-20-Why-Isolate-Flier.pdf” title=”8-6-20 Why Isolate Flier”]
Three new cases were reported Thursday, including a person under the age of 18, a female in her 40’s, and a male in his 40’s.
- 138 cases under quarantine/isolation orders by the Public Health Director and being monitored. Not all of those being monitored are confirmed to have COVID-19 but have either shown symptoms, are awaiting results, or have risk factors;
- 1,076 persons under domestic traveler quarantine for having arrived to Chautauqua County from a state listed on the New York State travel advisory;
- 1 person hospitalized* in Chautauqua County as of 8/4/2020 (number of persons in Chautauqua County hospitals diagnosed with COVID-19, regardless of residency)
- 218 recovered cases;
- 9 deaths;
- 248 total confirmed cases;
- 24,354 negative test results to date.