Overheated Antenna Amplifier Causes House

(WNY News Now) – The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team has wrapped up its probe into a house fire at 11165 Mixer Road, Town of Hanover, pinpointing an overheated antenna amplifier in the attic as the culprit. The incident occurred on November 16, 2023, around 10:00 am.

Town of Hanover – On the morning of November 16, 2023, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team responded to a distress call regarding a house fire at 11165 Mixer Road in the Town of Hanover. The investigation, undertaken by the skilled team, swiftly unveiled the cause of the incident—a malfunctioning antenna amplifier situated in the attic.

The single-family house fire was effectively traced back to an overheated antenna amplifier. The device, responsible for enhancing television signals, experienced a malfunction that led to the ignition. The investigators, utilizing their expertise and state-of-the-art techniques, determined the origin and cause of the fire.

Remarkably, the quick response from the fire department and the investigative team ensured that the incident did not result in any injuries. The residents have lost all of their possessions, and family members have reach out to WNY News Now to inform the community that a GoFundMe account will be set up.

WNY News Now will update as more information becomes available.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.