ALBANY — A New York State Senator has introduced a bill that would postpone rent payments for 90 days.
State Sen. Michael Gianaris, the Democratic Deputy Senate Majority Leader who represents part of Queens, says rent for certain tenants would be postponed as a response to COVID-19.
The bill is currently in the Senate Judiciary Committee, about twenty additional state senators have co-sponsored the bill, and there is also a version in the Assembly.
Last week, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo listed measures enacted for financial relief amid the pandemic, including:
- 90-day mortgage relief
- Waive mortgage payments based on financial hardship
- No negative reporting to credit bureaus
- Grace period for loan modifications
- No late payment fees or online payment fees
- Postponing or suspending foreclosures
- Waive fees for overdrafts, ATMs, and credit cards
Leave a Reply