App users, tap here to watch video report.
JAMESTOWN – Those living on William Street in Jamestown are describing the daring escape from an overnight housefire.
The Jamestown Fire Department was dispatched to the blaze around 12:20 a.m. Monday.
Neighbor Shirley Minard, who has lived in a nearby apartment past 20-years, was awakened by her cat to the commotion outside.
Minard, speaking with WNY News Now, recounted the daring escape of several children living inside the structure which has since been destroyed by fire.
She says it was frightening to see children jump out of a second flood window, escaping the flames.
“If I were a little child, and has been living in that house and woke up because of that (the fire), I would have nightmares for a long time,” said Minard. “It was devastating.”
Several people, including the children, were taken to UPMC Chautauqua Hospital, however it is unclear what the extent of their injuries are. A dog and two cats did however perished in the fire.
A GoFundMe page as since been set up raising money for the family.
Leave a Reply