JAMESTOWN, NY (WNY News Now) — A discarded cigarette is blamed for starting a Jamestown bar fire that injured one person on Tuesday morning.
Crews with the Jamestown Fire Department were met by heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the Bullfrog Hotel Bar and Grill, located at 1414 East Second Street.
Officials say one victim was initially taken to UPMC Chautauqua Hospital in Jamestown, before being airlifted to ECMC in Buffalo for further treatment.
Investigators ruled the fire an accident on Wednesday, saying improperly discarded smoking materials like a cigarette or cigar are to blame.
The roof and at least two upstairs apartments were heavily damaged by fire, with the remainder of the building suffering severe water damage.
The centuries old building was built in 1902 first opening as a hotel. The owner tells us he plans to make repairs and reopen once construction is complete.
Leave a Reply