Unattended Cooking Oil Ignites Fire


App users, tap here to watch video report.

DUNKIRK, NY (WNY News Now) – Unattended cooking oil is blamed for igniting a fire that heavily damaged an apartment in Dunkirk.

The City of Dunkirk Fire Department responded to 137 Maple Avenue on Tuesday afternoon, finding heavy fire on the first and second-floor of the two-family home.





While all human occupants of the house made it safely out before crews arrived, firefighters made entry to rescue two dogs from the structure, with crews later administering oxygen at the scene.

After flames were knocked down, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team was called to determine the blaze’s cause and origin.

Detectives have since ruled the fire accidental, with cooking oil left on an unattended stove top the cause.





















 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.