Woman Rescued From House Fire By Ripley First Responder, Neighbors

RIPLEY – A woman was rescued from the second floor of a Ripley home that caught ablaze on Monday afternoon by one lone firefighter and several neighbors.

The Ripley Fire Chief tells WNY News Now flames broke out at the Shaver Street residence around 2:15 in the afternoon.

Over a half a dozen fire departments were dispatched to assist Ripley crews.

Before fire trucks arrived on scene, the chief says one of his volunteers and neighbors used a ladder to rescue the home’s lone occupant.

The woman was taken via ambulance to Westfield Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Her two dogs, which were on the back porch of the house at the time, were also saved.

The home, however, suffered severe damage and the chief says will likely be a total loss. The family is now being assisted by the Red Cross.

The Sheriff’s Office is now working to determine a cause.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.