App users, tap here to watch video report.
JAMESTOWN, NY (WNY News Now) — Just days after a fire ripped through a condemned Jamestown home, local lawmakers are finally taking action to level the hazardous dwelling.
As we previously reported, neighbors have been frustrated for quite some time that this building was a safety hazard commonly occupied by vagrants.
Councilmember Marie Carrubba says that the structure, located at 343 Fairmount Avenue, was already on the demolition list, but is now being moved up.
The building on Fairmount Avenue which was on the demolition list is getting moved up the list because of the fire that occurred over the weekend,” said Councilmember Carrubba. “So, don’t know about insurance on that one, but fortunately asbestos abatement had already been completed, so at least as far as disposal of the property, what’s left, will not be as expensive as it would be otherwise.”
The fire is still being investigated, but the Jamestown Fire Department believes flames originated on the first floor. As of now, the cause seems suspicious.
Leave a Reply