Perez Rejects Plea Deal In Hodnett Murder Trial

Stock Image.


MAYVILLE – The man accused in the murder of 16-month-old Nayla Hodentt rejected a plea deal offer in Chautauqua County Court Thursday morning.

WNYNewsNow’s Matt Hummel reports the Chautauqua County District Attorney’s Office offered Tyler A. “Cash” Perez, 35, a 15-year determinate sentence on a first-degree manslaughter charge.

Perez is being represented by Public Defender Ned Barone who said Perez “had no desire” to accept the plea.



Barone said he was thorough in explaining the ramifications of heading to trial.

As of 9:30 a.m. Judge M. William Boller cleared the courtroom to discuss an issue regarding a juror.

Perez was previously indicted by a Grand Jury in March.



First Assistant District Attorney Michael Flaherty is the prosecutor in this case.

 

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WNYNewsNow app now on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Have a news tip? Email newsdesk@WNYNewsNow.com, send us a message on Facebook, or Twitter.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.